Heading out to a bar tonight? Make sure you’re wearing the right thing! Here are some tips for what to wear to a bar (and what not to wear!), whether you’re a man or a woman.
What to Wear to a Bar: Fashion Tips for Women
It’s no secret that what you wear has a big impact on how you’re perceived. And nowhere is this more true than in the bar setting. Whether you’re looking to impress a date or just want to feel confident while enjoying a night out with friends, it’s important to choose the right outfit. But with so many different fashion options available, it can be tough to know what to wear to a bar.
Here are a few fashion tips to keep in mind the next time you’re getting ready for a night out:
- A nice pair of jeans or a skirt is always a good choice. You want to look cute but still be comfortable. Avoid super short skirts or anything that’s too tight. You don’t want to give the wrong impression!
- A top that’s not too low-cut is important. You want to be able to move and dance without worrying about your cleavage being on display. A tank top or a shirt with some extra details (like lace or embellishments) is ideal.
- Shoes are tricky. On the one hand, you want shoes that you can dance in and won’t hurt your feet. On the other hand, you don’t want to wear sneakers or flip flops. A nice pair of booties or strappy heels is usually the best bet.
- Accessories are key! A statement necklace can really dress up a casual outfit, and a fun clutch will help you keep track of your things while you’re dancing the night away. Just make sure your jewelry isn’t too loud or crazy; you don’t want it to get caught on anything (or anyone!).
- Stick to basics. A simple black dress or dark-wash jeans are always good choices for a bar setting. You want to look stylish, but also comfortable and approachable.
- Add a pop of color. A brightly colored top or accessory can help you stand out in a sea of black dresses.
What to Wear to a Bar: Fashion Tips for Men
Just like women, men need to be mindful of what to wear to a bar. After all, first impressions are everything. And while you might not think that what you wear would have much of an impact on how you’re perceived, the truth is that it does. Here are a few fashion tips to keep in mind the next time you’re getting ready for a night out:
- Unless it’s explicitly stated on the bar’s website or Facebook page, leave your baseball cap at home. You’re not going to a game, you’re going out for drinks!
- A button-down shirt is always a good choice. It looks great with jeans or khakis, and you can dress it up with a sport coat if you want to look especially sharp.
- Speaking of jeans, make sure they’re not ripped or super baggy. Wear something that fits well and flatters your shape.
- Shoeswise, avoid anything that’s super scuffed up or overly casual, like flip flops. A nice pair of loafers or dress shoes will do nicely.
- Accessorize. A nice watch or a stylish belt can really pull your look together. Just be sure not to overdo it with the accessories.
Whether you’re male or female, there are some basic principles you should follow when deciding what to wear to a bar. Go for something cute but comfortable, avoid super casual shoes and clothing, and don’t forget the accessories! With these tips in mind, you’ll be sure to have a great time – and look great doing it!
What NOT to Wear to a Bar
There are a few fashion faux pas that you should avoid when choosing what to wear to a bar for a night out. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Don’t wear anything too revealing. You want to look cute, not like an attention-seeker. Save the super short skirts and low-cut tops for another occasion.
- Don’t go too crazy with the jewelry. You don’t want your necklace getting caught on anything – or anyone!
- Avoid shoes that are difficult to walk in. You’re going to be doing a lot of standing and walking, so you don’t want to be uncomfortable the whole night.
And finally, don’t forget to have fun! The most important thing is to enjoy yourself. Clothing is just one small part of the equation.
- What to Wear to a Comedy Show – Comedy Club Outfit Ideas
- What to Wear to the Opera? Fashion Advice for Men and Women
- What to Wear With Green Pants: Outfit Ideas for Every Occasion
- What to Wear to a Rap Concert | Fashion Tips for Men and Women
- What to Wear in Miami? What Need to Know About the Local Fashion Scene