The Hermes scarf is a timeless piece that can be worn in many different ways. In this guide, we’ll give you 12 different tips for how to wear a Hermes scarf. With a little bit of creativity, you can take this versatile accessory from the runway to the streets. And who knows? You might even start a new trend among your friends!
What Makes the Hermes Scarf So Versatile?
The Hermes scarf is made of the finest silk, which makes it extremely soft and luxurious. But it’s not just the material that makes the Hermes scarf so versatile. It’s also the design. The scarves are adorned with intricate patterns that can be dressed up or down, depending on how you style them.
The size of the Hermes scarf is also versatile. It can be worn as a headscarf, neckerchief, or even a belt. And because of the different ways it can be styled, the Hermes scarf is suitable for any season. In the summer, you can make a top out of it. In the winter, you can wear it as a scarf – it will complement your most elegant coat.
How to Wear a Hermes Scarf? 12 Ways to Try
Now, let’s discuss how to wear a Hermes scarf. Depending on the style of the scarf and how you want to accessorize your outfit, there are many different ways to tie it. These are the most popular ways to wear a Hermes scarf.
- Loose wrap: Drape your scarf around your neck and let it hang loose. This is a casual and effortless way to style your Hermes scarf.
- One-sided: Tuck one end of the scarf into the collar of your coat or shirt and let the other end hang loose on one side of your neck. This is a chic way to show off the pattern of your scarf.
- Double loop: Make two loops with the scarf and let them hang loose around your neck. This is a stylish way to keep warm in the winter.
- Multi-wrapped: Wrap the scarf around your neck several times for a cozy and warm look. This is perfect for days when you want to stay comfortable without sacrificing style.
- Loose knot: Tie the scarf in a loose knot and allow the ends to hang down in front, with the knot below your neckline. This is a flirty and fun way to wear your Hermes scarf.
- Headband: Fold the scarf in half lengthwise and tie it behind your head like a headband. This is a great way to keep your hair out of your face on windy days.
- Giant bow: Fold the scarf in half lengthwise and tie it around your neck like a giant bow. This statement-making look is guaranteed to turn heads.
- Silk top: Also known as the cross-your-heart knot, this is a great way to make a top out of your Hermes scarf. Simply hold the scarf by two opposite corners and tie them together behind your neck. Grab the two points that are now at the front of your chest and tie them into a knot on your back. This will create a criss-cross effect in the front.
- Belt: Fold the scarf in half lengthwise and wear it as a belt. This is a great way to add some color and pattern to a simple outfit. You can even make it a proper belt for your pants out of the scarf with some DIY buckle!
- Cowboy knot: Fold your Hermes scarf into a triangle and tie it around your neck. Pull the loose ends to the front and let them hang loose.
- Bag handle: Fold the scarf in half lengthwise and tie it around the handles of your bag. This is a great way to add a pop of color to your bag.
- Braid it into your hair: This is a great way to add some texture to your hair. Braid the scarf into your hair and secure it with a hair tie.
As you can see, there are many different answers to the question of how to wear a Hermes scarf. Don’t be afraid to experiment and find the style that suits you best. The best thing about scarves is that you can wear them differently every time you put them on. So have fun with it!
Do you have any other tips on how to wear a Hermes scarf? Share them in the comments below!