In this blog post, we’ll show you four different ways to style your Doc Martens over 40. Whether you’re looking for a classy and conservative outfit for work or a more feminine look for weekend brunch, we’ve got you covered. So grab your favorite pair of Docs, and let’s get started on how to wear Doc Martens over 40!
Classy and Conservative Outfits With Doc Martens
If you’re looking for a stylish yet professional outfit for work or a formal event, pairing your Doc Martens with a tailored blazer is the way to go. For a more polished look, pair them with dress pants or a pencil skirt. No matter what you choose, remember to keep the rest of your outfit relatively simple so that your Docs can take center stage.
Here are 5 more classic outfits you can try if you’re wondering how to wear Doc Martens over 40:
- Black Doc Martens with skinny jeans and a leather jacket.
- Brown Doc Martens with chinos and a lightweight sweater.
- Burgundy Doc Martens with a black mini skirt and a white blouse.
- Navy Doc Martens with cropped pants and a printed blouse.
- Gray Doc Martens with a denim skirt and a chambray shirt.
If you’re feeling extra bold, you can also try pairing your Doc Martens with a dress. Just make sure the dress is not too short or tight-fitting, as you don’t want to look like you’re trying too hard. A simple shift dress or a tea-length dress would work perfectly.
How to Wear Doc Martens Over 40 to Add a Little Edge to Your Style
One of our favorite ways to style our Docs is with an edgy leather jacket and skinny jeans. This is the perfect outfit for running errands or grabbing coffee with friends. If it’s chilly out, add a scarf or beanie to keep warm. And if you want to take this look from day to night, simply swap out the jeans for a leather miniskirt or slacks.
Still not sure how to wear Doc Martens over 40 and make them look edgy? Here are a few more ideas:
- Wear them with ripped jeans and a moto jacket.
- Pair them with a denim skirt and a plaid shirt.
- Layer them over fishnet tights with a mini dress.
- Rock them with a leather skirt and a breezy blouse.
The possibilities are endless! Just have fun with it and experiment until you find a look that you love. And if you’re not sure if a given look is too edgy for you, ask a friend or family member for their opinion.
Feminine Looks With Doc Martens
Doc Martens can also be worn in a more feminine way. We love pairing them with floral dresses or skirts for a pretty and punk-inspired look. For something extra special, try wearing them with lace socks peeking out from underneath your dress or skirt hem. Trust us, they’ll add just the right amount of edge!
How else can you wear Doc Martens in a feminine way? Check out these ideas:
- Pair them with a denim skirt and a chiffon blouse.
- Wear them with a printed dress and a denim jacket.
- Style them with leather shorts and a flowy blouse.
- Style them with a black mini dress and a denim jacket.
- Wear them with a white eyelet sundress and a straw hat.
The key to pulling off these looks is to keep the rest of your outfit relatively simple. Let your Docs be the star of the show! You can also add simple jewelry and a crossbody bag to finish off the look.
Casual Outfits With Doc Martens
Of course, you can also wear your Docs in a more casual way for everyday looks. We love pairing ours with jeans and a tee for an effortless and comfortable look that still has plenty of style. If it’s cold out, add a cozy sweater or cardigan on top. And if you want to add some color to your outfit, try wearing brighter hues on top with your denim bottom half.
Need a few more ideas for how to wear Doc Martens over 40 in a casual way? Check these out:
- Wear them with ripped jeans and a t-shirt.
- Pair them with denim shorts and a tank top.
- Style them with a denim skirt and a chambray shirt.
- Wear them with black leggings and a tunic top.
- Style them with joggers and a hoodie.
These are just a few of our favorite ways to style Doc Martens over 40. As you can see, they can be worn in a variety of ways to suit any style. So go ahead and experiment until you find a look that you love! And if you’re ever in doubt, just remember that the key to looking good in Doc Martens is to keep the rest of your outfit relatively simple.
Don’t Be Afraid to Experiment!
We hope this blog post has inspired you to experiment with how to wear Doc Martens over 40! Remember, the key is to have fun with it and try on different outfits until you find what works best for you and your personal style. So grab your favorite pair of Docs and get creative!